Sunday 12 September 2010

Blue Skies

Keren Ann - Lay your Head Down

Here's a  few pictures of my time in the Hague, in the Netherlands, where I spent part of my summer 09 for an internship at one of the Int'l criminal tribunals. Apart from the main street on a Saturday, the town was incredibly quiet. Maybe it's because I was in an environment of war crimes and the complexity of a War tribunal, and living in a hotel in which witnesses & victims of crimes would usually stay for their testimony before the court, but the atmosphere was strange, "surreal", like a ghost town. The beach is probably the best thing about the Hague, where I spent most of the time after work and on weekends to keep me sane. I need to be surrounded by water. I don't think I could ever live in a place that doesn't have an ocean or a lake at least.










No comments:

Post a Comment